It’s about time I started to reveal my best kept secrets to my skincare routine, and I thought the perfect way to start to shed a little light was to introduce this product from Australian brand Kismet Jardin that’s been getting a hell of a lot of loving from me.
I was recently gifted some of the new release products from Rimmel to try out and I want to share with you my thoughts. I was super excited by this, because I actually don’t own many Rimmel cosmetics at all!
I’ve been well aware from the start that my eyebrows are not symmetrical, and to combat this I usually just fill them in and redraw the shape in areas I need to tweak, as I’m sure many of you do. Also, the gods have graciously blessed me with super thin hair (yay!). Because of this, my eyebrows are also super fine, and this caused them to look patchy and sparse, when really I had a good amount of hair there, but they were too fine to make my brows look full. It seemed I was destined to wake up every morning and use various brow products to perfect my eyebrows and create those masterpiece arches. I became good at doing them, but naturally this took a good chunk out of my morning routine.
I don’t think that an introduction between beauty bloggers is complete without revealing your nude lipstick collection, so I’ve decided to go ahead and Bare It All (yes, pun intended) about my nude lips favourites.
Many thanks to ProcrastiCaitlan for nominating me for a Liebster award. I’m super thrilled for my little blog to have a little recognition 🙂
Background to the award
The Liebster Award has been developed by bloggers, for bloggers! The origin of the name is German and can have several meanings: sweetheart, darling, beloved or boyfriend (?).
Legend has it that Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers. I think it has a good place in the blogosphere for facilitating the networking and cyber relationships between bloggers. It’s much like a chain letter. I think it’s a great way for exposure, and for your readers to learn a little more about yourself.
The simple rules to follow are:
1. Thank the blogger who presented the Liebster Award to you on your blog by and link back to their blog
2. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter
3. Write 11 facts about yourself for your readers
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award. Let them know you have nominated them.
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions that you’ve come up with.
Here are my answers to ProcrastiCaitlan’s questions:
1. Do you think you could survive in a Zombie apocalypse?
Without a doubt, honestly, very seriously and in reality – NO. I have ZERO survival skills.
2. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would love it if I could make any given day have twice the amount of time – then I might be able to get all the stuff done that I need to get done, while also making sure I spend enough time with the people I love.
3. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Originally, when I was really young I said a teacher or lawyer. Mum wanted me to be a journalist. So I became a Forensic Scientist.
4. Would you rather breathe underwater or be able to fly?
Definitely fly – so I can be closer to my little feather babies who have passed over the rainbow bridge ☹
5. Would you rather have a ‘rewind’ button in life or a ‘pause’ button?
Pause button – I don’t believe in wishing you did things differently. Everything happened for a reason, so I accept that and don’t feel the need to change anything in the past. And I’d love to pause because I’d really love the world to stop spinning sometimes so I can do all the things I need to.
6. A night in prison or a night in a haunted house?
Prison – I am very susceptible to scary movies and it plays with my head. I couldn’t imagine anything worse than being stuck in a haunted house for a night.
7. What is the first thing you reach for when you sit down to do your makeup?
Moisturiser! Get that hydration into ya!
8. What made you want to start a blog?
I felt like I had all these tips, opinions and experiences that I really wanted to share. Also, I am always looking to make new friends and knew this would be another great way to do so. It’s also a really good escape from my nerd life. A lot of the people I am surrounded by don’t care too much for beauty and so it’s hard to to talk about all the things I love about hair and makeup. The blog let’s me do so!
9. Special talent/party trick?
None really, but I can do that one eyebrow lift/eyebrow dance. Not very impressive.
10. Talk to animals or speak every known language?
Animals – everyone can learn to speak another language and there are tonnes of ways to communicate with humans. But no one has ever had the luxury of being able to have a conversation with an animal. I’d love to be able to do that. I’d love to ask them what they think of us as humans, and the world in general.
11. Would you rather have no internet for a month? or no phone?
No phone – if there was no internet I’d probably be really bad at researching, and it’s really important for my job. And I wouldn’t be able to blog for a month. Waaaaaaaaa!
11 Facts About Me
1. By the age of 10 I had already been to 7 different primary schools – my parents moved around a lot.
2. Ever since I was about 14 I wanted to be a Forensic Scientist and I am living my dream!
3. I have been with only one man in my life and many thanks to God, I’m still with him.
4. In Year 11, I got a scholarship to be sent to Japan for 3 weeks, including travelling. A week was spent living with a host family – it was the best experience of my high school life.
5. I absolutely cannot read Harry Potter without crying – I have a very strong emotional connection to the series.
6. I wanted to have babies by the age of 25 – now that I am 24, I can definitely NOT see that happening.
7. I have never met the majority of my extended family, even my Grandfather or Uncles – they are scattered across Europe.
8. My conception was a mistake – Haha!
9. In high school I was a State finalist in relay sprinting, and a Regional competitor in endurance running
10. I have been told I am too forgiving
11. I went through a 10 year battle with acne
I have enjoyed these blogs and were the first ones that came to mind.Hopefully you love them too!
Tried and Tested
Lily Not Louise
Fabulous and Fun Life
Rachel Beauty Style
How to Girl
The Novice Life
Zoe’s Beauty Escape
Bows and Pleats
MY 11 questions for my nominees
1. How would you describe your wardrobe?
2. You can only have one of the following things, which would you choose? Trust or love?
3. What is your greatest achievement?
4. Are you a Winter or Summer person?
5. What scares you the most and why?
6. Tell me about someone you really admire
7. What was the last book you read?
8. Do you believe in the paranormal?
9. Are you a sweet tooth or savoury tooth?
10. If you were to go to the movies alone, what would be your perfect movie to watch?
11. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be?
Thanks again for the nomination ProcrastiCaitlan, this post was a bit of fun to write 🙂 I hope that you all learnt a bit more about me, and have come across some new blogs to follow!
In between my posts you can catch up with me on Instagram:
Love Fel x
After being exposed to a number of new brands at the Bloggers United AU event (read up on my recap here ). I was blown away by a relatively small eco-glamour cosmetics and tanning company, ‘Vani-T’. Their presentation was fantastic, and they demonstrated their products well. Their products ranged from makeup brushes (absolutely stunning by the way), to cosmetics, to all things tanning (including preparation and aftercare). Vani-T pride themselves on delivering what they call ‘eco-glamour’: their company is a fusion of ethics, luxury and performance. Their products are housed within absolutely stunning recyclable packaging, they are rich in natural and organic ingredients, they DO NOT conduct animal testing, and they do not contain talc, bismuth or clay.
Warning: This post will be very long and may evoke feelings of envy
We arrive at the Seawall Apartments overlooking Glenelg Beach. Sipping on some bubbles, I try to converse with as many Adelaide bloggers as I can, and we all await eagerly for the start of what is to be a day full of new insights, learning and socialising. Founders Nikita and Jasmine introduce Bloggers United AU and the values of their organisation. Basically, Australia is at a disadvantage when it comes to blogging events that bring together and cement it’s blogging community, and Bloggers United AU aims to fill that void. They organise events across Australia, with the help of State reps, to bring together bloggers across many categories, and to demonstrate the incredible Aussie brands making a name for themselves in the Beauty/Lifestyle industry.