A few weeks ago I opened my emails to find an invitation that excited me to the ends of the Earth! The LUSH Rundle Mall store was reopening and was set to be the BIGGEST LUSH store in Australia. Right here in little Adelaide! Promote SA worked with LUSH to put on the media event. We were chosen to be the first people to see it, a night before it’s official opening day. I can’t wait for everyone to see it!
Well… it’s that time again! Many of you have been following me on my brow tattoo journey and have been patiently waiting for my update on my brows. I’ve FINALLY written up my well overdue post, and I’m so excited to show you all the final result! I got my brows feather tattooed from the girls at Exotic Beauty and Brows, and if you read my first installment of my brow tattoo journey, you would be aware that I was going to go back for my touch up session and that I was going to report the final result to you all. If you haven’t read it, you can catch up on it here.
Some of you may know that I was super lucky to win a competition from Bellabox to attend their Benefit x Bellabox Porefessional Master Class!
Many thanks to ProcrastiCaitlan for nominating me for a Liebster award. I’m super thrilled for my little blog to have a little recognition 🙂
Background to the award
The Liebster Award has been developed by bloggers, for bloggers! The origin of the name is German and can have several meanings: sweetheart, darling, beloved or boyfriend (?).
Legend has it that Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers. I think it has a good place in the blogosphere for facilitating the networking and cyber relationships between bloggers. It’s much like a chain letter. I think it’s a great way for exposure, and for your readers to learn a little more about yourself.
The simple rules to follow are:
1. Thank the blogger who presented the Liebster Award to you on your blog by and link back to their blog
2. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter
3. Write 11 facts about yourself for your readers
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award. Let them know you have nominated them.
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions that you’ve come up with.
Here are my answers to ProcrastiCaitlan’s questions:
1. Do you think you could survive in a Zombie apocalypse?
Without a doubt, honestly, very seriously and in reality – NO. I have ZERO survival skills.
2. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would love it if I could make any given day have twice the amount of time – then I might be able to get all the stuff done that I need to get done, while also making sure I spend enough time with the people I love.
3. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Originally, when I was really young I said a teacher or lawyer. Mum wanted me to be a journalist. So I became a Forensic Scientist.
4. Would you rather breathe underwater or be able to fly?
Definitely fly – so I can be closer to my little feather babies who have passed over the rainbow bridge ☹
5. Would you rather have a ‘rewind’ button in life or a ‘pause’ button?
Pause button – I don’t believe in wishing you did things differently. Everything happened for a reason, so I accept that and don’t feel the need to change anything in the past. And I’d love to pause because I’d really love the world to stop spinning sometimes so I can do all the things I need to.
6. A night in prison or a night in a haunted house?
Prison – I am very susceptible to scary movies and it plays with my head. I couldn’t imagine anything worse than being stuck in a haunted house for a night.
7. What is the first thing you reach for when you sit down to do your makeup?
Moisturiser! Get that hydration into ya!
8. What made you want to start a blog?
I felt like I had all these tips, opinions and experiences that I really wanted to share. Also, I am always looking to make new friends and knew this would be another great way to do so. It’s also a really good escape from my nerd life. A lot of the people I am surrounded by don’t care too much for beauty and so it’s hard to to talk about all the things I love about hair and makeup. The blog let’s me do so!
9. Special talent/party trick?
None really, but I can do that one eyebrow lift/eyebrow dance. Not very impressive.
10. Talk to animals or speak every known language?
Animals – everyone can learn to speak another language and there are tonnes of ways to communicate with humans. But no one has ever had the luxury of being able to have a conversation with an animal. I’d love to be able to do that. I’d love to ask them what they think of us as humans, and the world in general.
11. Would you rather have no internet for a month? or no phone?
No phone – if there was no internet I’d probably be really bad at researching, and it’s really important for my job. And I wouldn’t be able to blog for a month. Waaaaaaaaa!
11 Facts About Me
1. By the age of 10 I had already been to 7 different primary schools – my parents moved around a lot.
2. Ever since I was about 14 I wanted to be a Forensic Scientist and I am living my dream!
3. I have been with only one man in my life and many thanks to God, I’m still with him.
4. In Year 11, I got a scholarship to be sent to Japan for 3 weeks, including travelling. A week was spent living with a host family – it was the best experience of my high school life.
5. I absolutely cannot read Harry Potter without crying – I have a very strong emotional connection to the series.
6. I wanted to have babies by the age of 25 – now that I am 24, I can definitely NOT see that happening.
7. I have never met the majority of my extended family, even my Grandfather or Uncles – they are scattered across Europe.
8. My conception was a mistake – Haha!
9. In high school I was a State finalist in relay sprinting, and a Regional competitor in endurance running
10. I have been told I am too forgiving
11. I went through a 10 year battle with acne
I have enjoyed these blogs and were the first ones that came to mind.Hopefully you love them too!
Tried and Tested
Lily Not Louise
Fabulous and Fun Life
Rachel Beauty Style
How to Girl
The Novice Life
Zoe’s Beauty Escape
Bows and Pleats
MY 11 questions for my nominees
1. How would you describe your wardrobe?
2. You can only have one of the following things, which would you choose? Trust or love?
3. What is your greatest achievement?
4. Are you a Winter or Summer person?
5. What scares you the most and why?
6. Tell me about someone you really admire
7. What was the last book you read?
8. Do you believe in the paranormal?
9. Are you a sweet tooth or savoury tooth?
10. If you were to go to the movies alone, what would be your perfect movie to watch?
11. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be?
Thanks again for the nomination ProcrastiCaitlan, this post was a bit of fun to write 🙂 I hope that you all learnt a bit more about me, and have come across some new blogs to follow!
In between my posts you can catch up with me on Instagram:
Love Fel x
Warning: This post will be very long and may evoke feelings of envy
We arrive at the Seawall Apartments overlooking Glenelg Beach. Sipping on some bubbles, I try to converse with as many Adelaide bloggers as I can, and we all await eagerly for the start of what is to be a day full of new insights, learning and socialising. Founders Nikita and Jasmine introduce Bloggers United AU and the values of their organisation. Basically, Australia is at a disadvantage when it comes to blogging events that bring together and cement it’s blogging community, and Bloggers United AU aims to fill that void. They organise events across Australia, with the help of State reps, to bring together bloggers across many categories, and to demonstrate the incredible Aussie brands making a name for themselves in the Beauty/Lifestyle industry.
My name is Felicia Anastasia Bardan, I am an Australian-Romanian, a Forensic Biologist and certified nerd! I am a full-time PhD student at The Australian Centre for Ancient DNA in Adelaide working in technologies that help identify historical human remains. I love reading, exploring new places or new ideas, and I am totally bird-obsessed! I have an incredibly supportive partner, and a Lovebird named Honey who will most likely feature in some of my blog posts, keep an eye for the little pecker!
To start with, my blog will be about all my personal experiences with beauty products and services. I want you to join me on my journey through the beauty world. I want to you be here with me through every step, whether it be opening a product for the first time, finishing products I would literally die for, or lamenting with me when I experience something I don’t like. I want you guys to see it all!
Growing up, I was one of those ratty, endlessly dirty girls (my Dad’s nickname for me literally means ‘line of dirt’ in Romanian). I was always either outside messing around, being adventurous, or was inside reading – I love reading, it’s one of my big passions. It took me a while to really start exploring and using makeup, and when I did I was totally hooked straight away. As I started establishing myself in my studies and work, I quickly found that the world of beauty was my little slice of secluded Heaven on Earth, where I could escape the daily pressures and commitments of my scientific nerd life. As a scientist, experimenting came naturally to me, and I began to love the science behind the cosmetics industry. But behind all the ‘geekiness’, I’m a woman just like you. To put it simply, someone who just loves hair and makeup, and loves upping the glam factor to make my confidence levels spike.
A big part of me also believes that beauty isn’t always superficial. It’s also about the way we think, and how we treat ourselves and others around us. I’ve grown up in a pretty competitive environment, girls always bringing other girls down for reasons that do not substantiate the effects of their judgment and criticism. I know this type of mentality can never be fully erased, but we can help to prevent other girls from falling into this trap. Beauty also isn’t all about a perfect brow game, full lashes, strong winged eyeliner or a poreless face. It’s not always so easy, some of us females deal with issues that can get in the way of our confidence, and I want to speak about them too!
“What’s in this blog for me”, you say? Well, I want to use this platform to deliver a delicate balance of sarcasm, reality, sass and beauty. I always aim for authenticity, integrity and honesty in my reviews and my experiences of products. I want to provide a place of service to you, with good intent and even better content! Mostly, I just want to inspire the every day woman to broaden their horizons in the world of beauty and help them to love themselves.
If this blog sounds like a bus you want a seat on, then get your ticket by following me, I’d love you along for the ride.